1. How many times in your life have you looked a lion in the eye, howled with wolves, or heard a tiger greet you from just five feet away? At the Conservators Center, these are not once-in-a-lifetime experiences! You can enjoy these and other awe-inspiring sights and sounds any time you want, with as many visits to us as you care to enjoy.
2. Why are binturongs important to their ecosystem? Where do caracals live in the wild? How high can a serval jump? Why do lions roar? To an animal-lover, a tour at the Conservators Center is a treasure trove of knowledge that we can use to better serve our planet and the wonderful creatures we share it with.
3. Every dollar you spend at the Conservators Center—from the cost of your tour, to the merchandise you might choose to purchase in our gift shop, to any contributions you generously make—goes directly to providing the highest quality of care for our animals and fulfillment of our mission. Your visit helps us help them!
4. You’ve been to the Conservators Center before, and you think you’ve seen all there is to see. Think again! Our variety of tours and events provide a multitude of opportunities to see different critters at rest, at play, and showing off their fantastic personalities. Maybe you’ve seen our lions and tigers, but have you seen them tussling with holiday trees at our annual Tree Toss event? Have you decorated a pumpkin that will be given to a big cat to play with at the Pumpkin Prowl? Because our animals are living creatures with changing moods, habits, likes, and dislikes, each experience at the Center is a unique adventure!
5. Visitors often refer to us as a hidden gem of North Carolina. If you live in or have visited this great state without experiencing what the Conservators Center has to offer, you are missing out!