A Fabulously Fun Day Devoted to Meeting Wild Animals Up Close!
Saturday, March 7, 2015
9:30am – 2:30pm
Make Marvelous Memories
Spend an exciting day:
• meeting friendly and fascinating animals from as close as 5 feet away;
• participating in an information scavenger hunt for facts (some serious and some silly) about the Center and our animal residents while you meet them on your walkabout;
• creating toys for critters and crafts for yourself;
• examining real fur, paw castings, and claw sheaths from our residents;
• playing games;
• making and eating s’mores;
• meeting one of our newest residents, Tut Fennec Fox;
• and making new friends!
Here’s what some of the troop leaders who attended Girl Scout Day 2014 told us:
“Our girls truly loved the event. They came home exhausted but very excited!”
“This is the best event I’ve attended in 32 years of Girl Scouting.”
“Extremely well run and organized; please make this an annual event!”
Did you join us for Girl Scout Day 2014? We have new games, new stations, and even a few new animal residents to meet since last year. This event is guaranteed to be a fantastic time for all Girl Scouts, whether it’s your first visit or your fifth!
Bring Your Memories Home
Your troop will have the opportunity to earn the Conservators’ Center Participation Patch, designed by Girl Scouts! If your troop has already earned the patch, the girls can opt for a beautiful Conservators Center magnet, featuring our new logo.
This event will be fun and educational for girls who have already been to the Center, as well as those who will be meeting our awesome animals for the first time.
Build Excitement by Preparing Your Troop To Visit
Show your girls where to find information about our residents so they can learn about the species in our care and the story of each individual.
Many troops that visit the Center enjoy bringing items that our animal keepers have requested. Check out our wish list.
The Conservators Center Girl Scout Day is open to any Girl Scout troop at every level, and space is limited. Last year’s event sold out quickly, so we suggest you register soon! All troops must register and pay in advance.
Price per person (Girl Scouts and all accompanying adults): $15, plus tax
Registration deadline: March 1.
No Tagalongs, Please
This event is specifically designed for Girl Scouts. To ensure as many scouts as possible can join in the fun, we are limiting our registrants to Girl Scouts, troop leaders, and necessary chaperones only. If you’re interested in visiting as a family, please consider one of our tours.
• Activities are designed for all troop levels.
• Event is all outdoors, so dress for the weather.
• Event is rain or shine – within reason. If forecast is for downpours and/or storms, Girl Scout Day will be moved to the rain date, Sunday, May 4 . Please make sure your troop sets the rain date aside, as well as the event date. If your troop cannot make the rain date, you can receive credit towards a tour or overnight at the Center.
• Everyone attending should bring a water bottle and a bag lunch, and girls should bring sit-upons (adults will get priority at our picnic tables).
• After you register, you will receive an information packet that includes your troop’s customized schedule, items to bring, and important reminders.
Here are answers to frequently asked questions.